Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
patrock
Forum Newbie

New Logic User needs help with midi controller and external
Wednesday, January 31 2007 @ 12:20 PM CST

Ok, i usually record in Reason 3.0.5 but I heard logic pro was better so I got it. I am using a microkorg and an alesis ion as midi controllers right now, but when I play the midi controllers I can see the information recording, but I can not hear any audio output through my external speakers except for the metronome. How can I fix this?
8piscean8
Forum Full Member

Re:New Logic User needs help with midi controller and extern
Wednesday, January 31 2007 @ 01:05 PM CST

Make sure that in Logic you are recording onto a audio instrument track (they look sort of bluish gray). And in the bottom left corner or the arrange window where your channel strip is, make sure in the I/O section that you have selected which audio instrument you want your midi controller to play. Hope this helps!

Please check out my really old song The End to wash away your fears today!

Wednesday, January 31 2007 @ 04:50 PM CST

...and be sure to have a patch cord running from the sound output of the microKORG to the input of whatever it is that you are using to record sound (mic in or audio interface/card). Midi only transfers information, not sound. That's why you only see the notes being played but are not hearing them.

Now if you want to use them as controllers only, and not record the sound from the microKORG, you need to pick an instrument from within Logic (see 8piscean8 posts)
patrock
Forum Newbie

Wednesday, January 31 2007 @ 07:12 PM CST

are there alot of patches to use the midi controller with, also is there a built in drum machine. I am hoping to use this like reason or is this not similar?

Wednesday, January 31 2007 @ 07:22 PM CST

How can't you know the answers to theese questions if you bought Logic Pro?? T

Thursday, February 01 2007 @ 04:39 PM CST

Quote by: taylormorgan
How can't you know the answers to theese questions if you bought Logic Pro?? T

Laughing Out Loud
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Thursday, February 01 2007 @ 05:43 PM CST

Quote by: patrock
are there alot of patches to use the midi controller with, also is there a built in drum machine. I am hoping to use this like reason or is this not similar?

Yes, the sampler comes with great patches, and there is a really cool drum machine.

Now how about you read the manual for a bit? There is one especially for beginners.

Victor.

-- My CD. Use coupon code "macjams" on BandCamp.

racerat
Forum Full Member

Friday, February 02 2007 @ 01:28 AM CST

I just wanted to stop by and post a link for you, you might have to copy and paste it. This site saved my butt about a million times when I was a new Logic user. The folks there know there stuff and are patient. But be sure to post to the correct forum heading:

http://community.sonikmatter.com/forums/