Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
FEEL
Forum Full Member

Famous band amp settings for GB & Logic's Amp Designer
Wednesday, September 13 2017 @ 09:34 AM CDT

There's a new app on the App Store called Tone Bridge Guitar Effects. It has guitar and bass presets from famous musicians that you can play your guitar through. It also has some other functions like a link to online tabs for songs that the effects are tweaked for. Unfortunately it is not an AU plug-in.

I also like to play around with other software, there's Sonic Port's Mobile POD which has many professional presets, Bias has it's amp configurations, the list goes on but these are for mobile applications and not for desktop or laptop computers. These apps come with a share option as well accept for the Tone Bridge Guitar software.

I've looked on line to see if there are any famous band or musician AU presets for Logic or GB's Amp Designer and have found no results. It would be nice to have this option especially when creating music and wanting the project to have some of the qualities you love from the artist that have influenced you.

Does anyone have an idea where I can find a site with downloadable presets from famous musicians that will work either with Garage Band or Logic?
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Re:Famous band amp settings for GB & Logic's Amp Designer
Wednesday, September 13 2017 @ 10:32 AM CDT

Demo s-gear by Scuffham. It sounds like me when I use it. There are many presets for signature sounds. The designers actually play guitar with real amps, a great starting point. It doesn't seem to be expensive. I do not use the reverb, it sounds too stiff.

Daug
FEEL
Forum Full Member

Thursday, September 14 2017 @ 08:11 AM CDT

It looks interesting... It would be nice if I could load some presets like that for Logic or Garage Band's pedal board and Amp Designer. It appears that Logic users have not taken the time to divulge in that.

chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Thursday, September 14 2017 @ 11:03 AM CDT

Don't forget the "hidden" cabinet models in Logic's Space Designer convolution reverb.

You might also be able to find some convolution models of notable amps, which can be added to Space Designer via drag and drop.

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles