Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
bud
Forum Full Member

LIOLI #4
Monday, April 30 2007 @ 09:31 PM CDT

I've been honored by Chikoppi's request to host the next Loop It Or Lose It Challenge. Why me? I'm asking myself the same question. But to quote Brian, "If you're game, I invite you to run with it". Well, MacJams has given me so much - so I guess it's my turn to give back.

To those of you who have participated before - I've enjoyed all of your contributions and been priveleged to be part of the community effort. To the newcomers. Welcome. Here's how it goes.

By this weekend I'll pick a loop or loops to be featured prominently in an original composition. There will be some parameters to the use/abuse of said loop (sure) - but hopefully nothing that will inhibit the wild creativity that's gone before (that's right). To hear past results and view previous instructions, you can search LIOLI in the forums or go to Stooey's page and download his LIOLI podcasts. Thanks again Stooey for this invaluable contribution to the games.

I figure the posting date for completed compositions should be midnight Thursday, May 24th so we're all done before the Memorial Day weekend.
Chikoppi has offered to help with the LIOLI site for loop access etc. I'm not as tech savvy as a lot of you guys (and gals) - but I'll soon know how to post a link and all that other cool stuff. I hope.

My sincerest thanks to Chikoppi for organizing this challenge in the first place, and to Egobandit for lighting the match with the innocent forum post "What's all the fuss about loops?" - which ignited a firestorm leading to Chikoppi's Solomonic solution.

Feel free to weigh in here with any ideas. I know you will anyway, this is MacJams after all!

OK folks - this is it - the moment you've been waiting for.

Click here to get started

LIOLI Challenge #4

If you need the garageband file for the piano loop go to:

LIOLI4 Piano

and download X - LIOLI 4 Piano

It will download as .aif - but if you drop it in GB it should open as an electronic instrument.

To download the loop as a .mid file for PC and other composing software go to:

LIOLI4 midi

With many thanks to Biba for parsing the loop.

If you would like the .wav file for the sound sample got to:

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=25068

You have to join to download - and you may have to option/click to save as a file.

Otherwise you can find everything you need on my page.
Besides the instructions, I have two other songs posted. One is Piano and the other is Locomotive.

Remember - you can't post your entry until midnight Thursday the 24th.
And spread the word - the more the merrier.

Continue to use this forum for communication - and feel free to drop me a note if you have any questions.

Let the games begin!

It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.

Re:LIOLI #4
Tuesday, May 01 2007 @ 07:00 AM CDT

Quote by: bud
I've been honored by Chikoppi's request to host the next Loop It Or Lose It Challenge. Why me? I'm asking myself the same question. But to quote Brian, "If you're game, I invite you to run with it". Well, MacJams has given me so much - so I guess it's my turn to give back.

To those of you who have participated before - I've enjoyed all of your contributions and been priveleged to be part of the community effort. To the newcomers. Welcome. Here's how it goes.

By this weekend I'll pick a loop or loops to be featured prominently in an original composition. There will be some parameters to the use/abuse of said loop (sure) - but hopefully nothing that will inhibit the wild creativity that's gone before (that's right). To hear past results and view previous instructions, you can search LIOLI in the forums or go to Stooey's page and download his LIOLI podcasts. Thanks again Stooey for this invaluable contribution to the games.

I figure the posting date for completed compositions should be midnight Thursday, May 24th so we're all done before the Memorial Day weekend.
Chikoppi has offered to help with the LIOLI site for loop access etc. I'm not as tech savvy as a lot of you guys (and gals) - but I'll soon know how to post a link and all that other cool stuff. I hope.

My sincerest thanks to Chikoppi for organizing this challenge in the first place, and to Egobandit for lighting the match with the innocent forum post "What's all the fuss about loops?" - which ignited a firestorm leading to Chikoppi's Solomonic solution.

Feel free to weigh in here with any ideas. I know you will anyway, this is MacJams after all!

Sounds fun but, sorry bud I don't have any idea hove and when you should do this..... But I promises I keep my eyes open..... LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT CHALLENGE... Cheers....Skean Smile

Tuesday, May 01 2007 @ 07:23 AM CDT

sounds good - please count the sissies as IN.
mvh9591
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 01 2007 @ 07:33 AM CDT

Bring It On!

: )

Tuesday, May 01 2007 @ 11:23 AM CDT

Thanks for taking the reins on this one, bud! If I can squeeze time in between collabs, traveling, piano lessons & recording, count me in!! (I'll figure it out somehow!) As for suggestions, how about another midi loop this time. I missed that particular round last time.

Tuesday, May 01 2007 @ 01:20 PM CDT

Quote by: rcandrews
hey bud i dare you to close your eyes when you pick da loop Mr. Green nuttin like goin at it with both eyes shut Laughing Out Loud

I'm game.
bud
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 01 2007 @ 01:27 PM CDT

Quote by: rcandrews
hey bud i dare you to close your eyes when you pick da loop Mr. Green nuttin like goin at it with both eyes shut Laughing Out Loud

You're getting to know me Rob. Great idea.

bud
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 01 2007 @ 01:32 PM CDT

Quote by: mikey_d
Thanks for taking the reins on this one, bud! If I can squeeze time in between collabs, traveling, piano lessons & recording, count me in!! (I'll figure it out somehow!) As for suggestions, how about another midi loop this time. I missed that particular round last time.

I was thinking about a midi loop and an FX loop (field recording or sound effect). Thought it would be interesting to see how an FX loop could be twisted and shaped into different songs.

Dj French Toast
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 01 2007 @ 02:12 PM CDT

I cant wait this sounds like alot of fun!

SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 01 2007 @ 03:32 PM CDT

C O U N T -- M E -- I N !!!