Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
bud
Forum Full Member

LIOLI#4 Entries
Sunday, May 20 2007 @ 07:31 AM CDT

Don't get too excited. (Actually now you can get excited - see below)

I'm moving the entry time up to 12 noon on Thursday the 24th so I can get a jump on organizing the material. My kids are off school on Friday so it's gonna be busy around here right through the weekend. I'll do my best to create a hot link collection right here as we move along.

Please paste the URL of your song along with it's title to this forum starting Thursday at noon (more or less - wherever you are in the world - but I'm calling it noon in The People's Republic of Brooklyn)

IMPORTANT!!

Please paste this:

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=25068

along with thanks to The Freesound Project into your description or contributors to avoid any legal hassles.

Again - extra brownie points to anyone who posts a hot link.

Also - the closing date for entries is Tuesday the 29th to accommodate footdragging deadbeats - so don't freak if your train's running a little late.

Ladies and Gentlemen - start your engines!

May I present to you the early entries to LIOLI#4 - the gates are open!

LIOLI4 - Stuck At A Friggin' Railroad Crossing While Driving Home From Work by Deputy Doofy
Looos It Or Lope It 4 Bud by Flapjack
Excuse Me, Mr. Satan Does This Train Go To New Jersey (LIOLI) by Mungo
Induction by SmokeyVW
Where Will It All Lead LIOLI by Vic Holman
Can't Help What I Am (lioli)" by michael2
Knee-High Boots lioli by Bud
Plumb Locomotion by Myshkin
Loop it or loose it french fry guy by Dj French Toast
LIOLI EXPRESS/The MJ's Train by Skean
Mojomotive by Rik Berryere
Machina Vitalis by gregd
LIOLI Challenge #4 by Volcanique
Dancetrain2theTrancebrain by The Infinites
Thru and Thru by Kren
Cyrotica (interuptus) by Chikoppi
LIOLI#4 - Train of Thought by Stooey
leeohlee by egobandit
What I Wouldn't Do (LIOLI) by rcandrews
Slow Train Comin' from Valhalla by Jim Bouchard
looped it and lost it by elmopedo
'Around The Loop In 30 Ways' by alfalpha
LIOLI 4 by racerat

I wanna take this opportunity once again to thank Smokey for finding the train loop. When faced with a task as important as LIOLI I believe in reinforcements - and Smokey rose to the occasion admirably.
I was hoping that by adding a non-musical sample to the mix people would explore another side of their creativity, and sure enugh I think the results have shown that their are some wonderfully talented, strange, and interesting people here at MJ.

Thanks to everyone who participated - to Chikoppi for giving me a shot - and again to Egobandit for bitching about a comment he got about his use of loops that started this whole thing.

It's still not too late to post if anyone is out there still tweaking away at their train set.

Cheers!

Bud

It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.

Re:LIOLI#4 Entries
Sunday, May 20 2007 @ 08:05 AM CDT

Quote by: bud
...the closing date for entries is Tuesday the 29th to accommodate footdragging deadbeats - so don't freak if your train's running a little late.

Ladies and Gentlemen - start your engines!

Engines are in the roundhouse, greased and fired and ready for the triple-green highball semaphore to hit the diamonds running for the high iron! 'Big Grin'

The longer window of posting is hugely appreciated, Bud. I drive a semi for a living and may-or may not-be available during the specific 24-hour cycle of a one-day posting. I almost missed LIOLI 1 because of a midnight call from the dispatcher, and I was on the road during Round 2. My schedule has settled down into semi-normalcy now (bad pun, I know) but the 5-day stretch will ensure my entry arrives on time.

Thanks for the unseen effort and time you've put into this challenge. LIOLI is one of the best 'group participation' aspects about MacJams, and you've done a great job.

bud
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 21 2007 @ 02:56 PM CDT

They say Mussolini ran the trains on time - but I doubt he would have made a good MacJammer.

68 hrs. till loop-off

* Post Removed *
Monday, May 21 2007 @ 05:19 PM CDT

* This message has been removed *
deputydoofy
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 21 2007 @ 10:59 PM CDT

Due to my hectic works schedules, I am submitting mine now.

LIOLI4 - Stuck At A Friggin' Railroad Crossing While Driving Home From Work
bud
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 21 2007 @ 11:08 PM CDT

Quote by: deputydoofy
Due to my hectic works schedules, I am submitting mine now.

LIOLI4 - Stuck At A Friggin' Railroad Crossing While Driving Home From Work

You get brownie points for posting a link - but if possible could you wait till Thursday? I'd hate to have someone listen to your piece and then decide they're not worthy and throw in the towel.

bud
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 21 2007 @ 11:10 PM CDT

Quote by: Myshkin
Seeing as here in Sydney, we're about 15 hours ahead of NY does that mean I get a 15 hour jump on everyone?! Or is it 12noon Brooklyn time...

Myshkin the impatient.

12 noon Brooklyn time - if you can hold it.

deputydoofy
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 21 2007 @ 11:11 PM CDT

It's unlikely I can submit on Wednesday or Thursday.... making me wait until Saturday morning to submit. If that's ok, I'll pull it for Saturday. Otherwise, I can tell you that I've been a couple days early for every single LIOLI challenge so far and I don't think I've discouraged anyone with my loopy nonsense. However, I'll let you make the final call. Smile
bud
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 21 2007 @ 11:18 PM CDT

It's unlikely I can submit on Wednesday or Thursday.... making me wait until Saturday morning to submit. If that's ok, I'll pull it for Saturday. Otherwise, I can tell you that I've been a couple days early for every single LIOLI challenge so far and I don't think I've discouraged anyone with my loopy nonsense. However, I'll let you make the final call. Smile

I'm not gonna make a stink about it - I'm just trying to follow precedent.
Myshkin is about to burst, as are a few others, whereas some people are cramming to get done. I'm just the guest host here. It's back in your court.

deputydoofy
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 21 2007 @ 11:21 PM CDT

Quote by: bud

I'm not gonna make a stink about it - I'm just trying to follow precedent.
Myshkin is about to burst, as are a few others, whereas some people are cramming to get done. I'm just the guest host here. It's back in your court.

And you've been doing a great job as host. Smile
Just didn't want you to think I was taking advantage. I was early for every Chikoppi-hosted LIOLI as well. My schedule sucks and I'd rather be early than late to the party. However, I'll work with you if you want me to remove it.