Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
MJ_Live_Aid_Challenge
Forum Newbie

MJ Live Aid Challenge
Monday, May 19 2008 @ 04:15 PM CDT

It’s July 13, 1985 and, as the Live Aid concert is getting ready to be broadcast around the world, Bob Geldof realizes that there is one spot still left open, so naturally, he turns to you. You will be performing at the show in London’s Wembly Stadium in front of 85,000 people and there is a very good chance that you will be one of the acts to be shown live, around the world to the 1.5 billion people who are watching the event.

You will be on stage with a whole range of 80s superstars including Adam Ant, Elvis Costello, Ultravox, Spandau Ballet, and The Style Council. Later in the day, will be the rock and roll giants such as Queen, Dire Straits, U2, David Bowie, The Who and Elton John.

You have a choice. You can take your slot early, between Adam Ant and Ultravox, or you can take it later between David Bowie and The Who. (Either way, you’ll be standing between Howard Jones and Sade at the end of the concert when you all perform “Do They Know It’s Christmas?”)

Remember, you’ll be performing at the main Live Aid stage at Wembly Stadium in London, so you want to be sure you fit into the line up. If you want to see the whole line up who took stage that day, check it out here.

So, it’s time to dig out the cassingle of your 1985 hit tune you’ll be performing and showcase it here at MJ. To give you pleantly of time to rummage, you have until Friday, June 13. Then post your songs here at MJ any time between June 13-15 and wait for the call from Bob Geldof.

And, as a lead up to June 13, why not dig through your old photo albums and give us some good pics of yourselves as you were back in the 80s. Bonus points for parachute pants.
Feter
Forum Full Member

Re:MJ Live Aid Challenge
Monday, May 19 2008 @ 04:49 PM CDT

This is way too cool ...I dont remember paracute pants ... lol
I remember jagger jeans and tightones as well ..I think
this is awesome event ..I will try to fit myself before
or after CSN or Neil Young acts .. oo how I hate the 80s lol0lool
thank you for starting such event that will be a blast !!

«Blues is easy to play, but not to feel » (Jimi Hendrix)
bud
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 19 2008 @ 04:58 PM CDT

We will - we will - rock you! I'm hungry like a wolf. Watch out!

LOL - this place gets stranger every day. Great idea.

BTW - June 13th is my birthday - what a nice present.

It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.
ledebutant
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 19 2008 @ 07:15 PM CDT

I had my first kiss on the day of the original Live Aid, from a boy named Kevin who drove an El Camino. LOL!

Nik Kershaw!!!! YEAH! Who's with me?!!!! YEAH!!! Yeah? Oh, it's just me, then? Okay...

"There's a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground..."
dajama
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 19 2008 @ 07:44 PM CDT

Sounds cool. I'll have to see if I can come up with something. Frankly, I'm still reeling from the realization that Live Aid was 23 years ago! I watched with a friend who was a Beatles nut. We sat there for hours waiting for Fab Wacky Macca Thumbs Aloft (otherwise known as Paul McCartney) and then his mic didn't work! Or was that just me....?
aclarke
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 19 2008 @ 08:29 PM CDT

Quote by: ledebutant
I had my first kiss on the day of the original Live Aid, from a boy named Kevin who drove an El Camino. LOL!

Nik Kershaw!!!! YEAH! Who's with me?!!!! YEAH!!! Yeah? Oh, it's just me, then? Okay...

and an old man of Erin goes around and around...

"An honest man's pillow is his peace of mind." John Mellencamp
I. Spike
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 03:16 AM CDT

I'm in!

"What matters, matters, and what doesn't matter, is antimatter."
jiguma
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 03:28 AM CDT

Woooooooo!
Nik Kershaw is one underrated musician imho - "Don't Let Me Out Of My Cage" on Radio Musicola was a screamer, as was just about everything else I've heard of his. Or was that just me and Lisa?

Neil
Cool
ledebutant
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 12:37 PM CDT

The Orbiting has something super-sneaky up our sleeves.

aclarke
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 01:31 PM CDT

Quote by: jiguma

Woooooooo!
Nik Kershaw is one underrated musician imho - "Don't Let Me Out Of My Cage" on Radio Musicola was a screamer, as was just about everything else I've heard of his. Or was that just me and Lisa?

Neil
Cool

"Wouldn't It Be Good" if that were the case, Neil.

"An honest man's pillow is his peace of mind." John Mellencamp