Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
awigze
Forum Full Member

Brace for impact
Tuesday, November 10 2009 @ 01:54 PM CST

HR3692
On Nov. 2, the Congressional Budget Office estimated what the plans will likely cost. An individual earning $44,000 before taxes who purchases his own insurance will have to pay a $5,300 premium and an estimated $2,000 in out-of-pocket expenses, for a total of $7,300 a year, which is 17% of his pre-tax income. A family earning $102,100 a year before taxes will have to pay a $15,000 premium plus an estimated $5,300 out-of-pocket, for a $20,300 total, or 20% of its pre-tax income. Individuals and families earning less than these amounts will be eligible for subsidies paid directly to their insurer.

• Sec. 59b (pp. 297-299) You must include proof that you are in a qualified plan when taxes are filed. If not, calculations for the fine will be on the IRS Tax Form and you will be fined an undetermined amount of money, up to $3500 by some claims.

• Sec. 412 (p. 272) says that employers must provide a "qualified plan" for their employees and pay 72.5% of the cost, and a smaller share of family coverage, or incur an 8% payroll tax. Small businesses, with payrolls from $500,000 to $750,000, are fined less.

Music is the master link in the chain of the tribes of mankind! -SloParts
and so it goes...

Re:Brace for impact
Tuesday, November 10 2009 @ 02:04 PM CST

it's not like nobody ever spoke out about it

Tuesday, November 10 2009 @ 02:09 PM CST

But what does this have to do with music?
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, November 10 2009 @ 02:12 PM CST

Quote by: awigze
A family earning $102,100 a year before taxes will have to pay a $15,000 premium plus an estimated $5,300 out-of-pocket, for a $20,300 total, or 20% of its pre-tax income.

Man, that's awful. Let's please keep the current system where even people _with_ insurance go bankrupt if they have a medical emergency.

Victor.

-- My CD.
damiengh
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, November 10 2009 @ 02:13 PM CST

Kucinich speaks for me.

Or Bernie Sanders:

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2009/11/09-3

We need single-payer Universal Healthcare.

I know who I am and you know who you are, but who and the hell do they think they are?
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, November 10 2009 @ 02:15 PM CST

Quote by: Rocha Malhada
But what does this have to do with music?

obligatory music video...

Let me tell you how it will be,
There’s one for you, nineteen for me,
‘Cos I’m the Taxman,
Yeah, I’m the Taxman.
Should five per cent appear too small,
Be thankful I don’t take it all.
‘Cos I’m the Taxman,
Yeah yeah, I’m the Taxman.

(If you drive a car car), I’ll tax the street,
(If you try to sit sit), I’ll tax your seat,
(If you get too cold cold), I’ll tax the heat,
(If you take a walk walk), I’ll tax your feet.
Taxman.

‘Cos I’m the Taxman,
Yeah, I’m the Taxman.
Don’t ask me what I want it for
(Ah Ah! Mister Wilson!)
If you don’t want to pay some more
(Ah Ah! Mister Heath!),
‘Cos I’m the Taxman,
Yeeeah, I’m the Taxman.

Now my advice for those who die, (Taxman!)
Declare the pennies on your eyes, (Taxman!)
‘Cos I’m the Taxman,
Yeah, I’m the Taxman.
And you’re working for no-one but me,
(Taxman).

Take a listen >>> Texas Tango
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, November 10 2009 @ 02:22 PM CST

Quote by: damiengh
Kucinich speaks for me. We need single-payer Universal Healthcare.

Not necessarily.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/globalhealth/july-dec09/insurance_1006.html

Guess which country get the best result for the least cost, and which one the least result for the highest cost?

Victor.

-- My CD.

Tuesday, November 10 2009 @ 02:40 PM CST

Quote by: VicDiesel
Quote by: awigze
A family earning $102,100 a year before taxes will have to pay a $15,000 premium plus an estimated $5,300 out-of-pocket, for a $20,300 total, or 20% of its pre-tax income.

Man, that's awful. Let's please keep the current system where even people _with_ insurance go bankrupt if they have a medical emergency.

Victor.

What's awful is to have any serious notion that the U.S. government bureaucracy can provide a working solution to health care reform; the private sector has to be held accountable and provide solutions, not the government. Based on history, it's obviously safe to say that a US government owned and operated enterprise is certain to end up being fraught with poor production, high overhead in manpower and monetary resources, and a certain less-than negligible pit of eternal debt to taxpayers
particledots_collab_box
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, November 10 2009 @ 02:48 PM CST

Has anybody got any good links for roof tiles?

VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, November 10 2009 @ 02:55 PM CST

Quote by: Rocha Malhada
the private sector has to be held accountable and provide solutions, not the government. Based on history,

I'm sorry, what history is that? I only know the history where recently banks had to be bailed out, where 20 years ago the S&L scandal had to be bailed out, where insurance companies cost a few thousand american lives per year because they deny coverage, et cetera.

The private sector resists accountability, and will ruin you and I when given half a chance.

Compare that to government "interference" in the whole of the western world except the US, where health care costs are lower and the quality higher.

Now, what history was that? I insist on a number of specific examples. Really. Rethoric is not enough here.

Victor.

-- My CD.