Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Hmmm
Tuesday, April 04 2017 @ 09:38 AM CDT

Calchas
Forum Full Member

Re:Hmmm
Tuesday, April 04 2017 @ 11:35 AM CDT

Just food for thought. As always take with a grain of salt.

Conditioned responses need not apply.

;-)

Be well all!
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, April 04 2017 @ 12:54 PM CDT

Really more like junk food for thought and, as you suggest, Micheal, to be taken with a grain of salt.

A little bit of research reveals nothing good about the hosting site, "Health Sciences Institute," which has been cited for many lucrative scams. This article offers a summary and some insights:

https://mic.com/articles/162356/hillary-clinton-big-pharma-biggest-donors-cartel-senior-citizens-facebook-hoax-hsi#.zXhOgEQuL

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, April 04 2017 @ 04:50 PM CDT

Yeah. Your skepticism is well-justified. HSI has a history of sensationalistic scam-bait.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/09/agora-huckabee-conservative-bible-cures

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, April 05 2017 @ 10:12 AM CDT

More like half-truths...like pretty much everything in politics...or in MJ political discussions for that matter (where conditioned responses do indeed abound).

Personally I thought this one rather bizarre on more than one level. Nevertheless, I've long been aware of Hilary's relationship to big-pharma.

It was weird seeing it referenced this way though...not only weird, but kinda distasteful.
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Thursday, April 06 2017 @ 02:27 PM CDT

Quote by: Calchas
More like half-truths...like pretty much everything in politics...or in MJ political discussions for that matter (where conditioned responses do indeed abound).

Personally I thought this one rather bizarre on more than one level. Nevertheless, I've long been aware of Hilary's relationship to big-pharma.

It was weird seeing it referenced this way though...not only weird, but kinda distasteful.

The sad truth is that the money finds its way into the campaign pockets of ALL influential candidates and office-holders. The Pharmaceuticals lobby has traditionally contributed more to Republicans than to Democrats, with only a couple of recent exceptions. It's all a legal, albeit unfortunate, part of our system.

Modern political campaigns are very expensive to conduct. Politicians are nothing if not pragmatic... they take the money whenever they can get it. But that doesn't mean they have to serve as lap dogs to their contributors.

All of our elected officials — whether Democrat or Republican — need to be held accountable for their actions when they fail to represent the best interests of our nation and its people, in favor of the special interests that fill their campaign coffers.

There's no need to single anyone out; there's plenty of blame — and shame — to go around. Wink

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Friday, April 07 2017 @ 09:26 AM CDT

Quote by: J.A.Stewart

The sad truth is that the money finds its way into the campaign pockets of ALL influential candidates and office-holders. The Pharmaceuticals lobby has traditionally contributed more to Republicans than to Democrats, with only a couple of recent exceptions. It's all a legal, albeit unfortunate, part of our system.

Modern political campaigns are very expensive to conduct. Politicians are nothing if not pragmatic... they take the money whenever they can get it. But that doesn't mean they have to serve as lap dogs to their contributors.

All of our elected officials — whether Democrat or Republican — need to be held accountable for their actions when they fail to represent the best interests of our nation and its people, in favor of the special interests that fill their campaign coffers.

There's no need to single anyone out; there's plenty of blame — and shame — to go around. Wink

Agreed! (And then some...)

BTW, I received this video link as an email from a friend. My own view is that even if there is some truth to either the Hillary claims or the health claims, this method of presentation and marketing is in extremely bad taste.

I posted this because I was curious what some other intelligent folks might think.

SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Friday, April 07 2017 @ 12:11 PM CDT

... I posted this because I was curious ...

'twas a load of bullshit encapsulated in a load of bullshit