Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
particledots
Forum Full Member

Re:Brace for Impact
Saturday, August 05 2017 @ 10:24 AM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin

Nothing unusual happened. Maybe you could relax a little? In deference to your stern, heart felt warning, please keep all informed if ya feel something hit.

Daug

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/05/robert-mueller-donald-trump-russia
particledots
Forum Full Member

Monday, August 07 2017 @ 08:48 AM CDT

Nothing unusual happened. Maybe you could relax a little? In deference to your stern, heart felt warning, please keep all informed if ya feel something hit.

Daug

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/aug/07/seth-rich-trump-white-house-fox-news
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Monday, August 07 2017 @ 10:58 PM CDT

I'm very sorry to say that all of these deliciously-written articles more-or-less (IMHO) come down to this one central – and, IMHO, erroneous – assumption, which is of course near-and-dear to every Washington, DC apparatchik who is damned-tired of being challenged:

Donald Trump === “Tricky Dick” Nixon.

... (who, by the by, actually committed no crime, but who was nonetheless drummed out of Washington, DC by the very thought of it ... and The Washington Post grabbed the entire “scoop!”)

Fundamentally, I believe that all of these stories originate from parties who stubbornly cling to the opinion that the American People couldn’t possibly have done what they actually did last November, which was to reject the political status-quo which has existed in Washington, DC up to now.   Some Members of Congress have been there more than 40 years, and more-than-a-handful have been there more than 30.   Not coincidentally, these fossilized officeholders (and the media outlets who are fossilized accustomed to serve them) don’t want to experience any up-ending of their apple-cart, or losing their posts.

They want what they know:   professional politicians who don’t rock the boat.   I think they still dream of waking up from a long hangover and finding ... Madame Presidente.   Ahh... everything back to normal.

However – and even though “I did not vote for either one of them” – I think that over the next several months and years these very same people (who manage to remain in the offices that they now hold) will be confronted with this ... “like it or not.”

Washington DC frankly does not seem capable of understanding the context of this officeholder, who is unlike every other officeholder. He seems to be rather quite-far out of their league.   For example:   “this guy is a real-estate billionaire with business dealings all over the globe.”   Why pretend to be surprised that such a person might talk to a lawyer in any country at all?   Also:   “if one’s essential premise is that ‘the American elections were hacked,’” why is this very-profound procedural concern necessarily-confined (only!) to programmers half-a-world away from here, and for political gain?   Any contractor in the next town have done the same, if faced with such an intrinsically-insecure voting system, and they would.   Create a ballot box that can be stuffed without detection, and it will be stuffed.

Perhaps DC should very-soberly consider that the People who just now made “such a dramatically un-conventional decision” did so on purpose!   Maybe they weren’t radicals.   Maybe they were ... your constituents.

Maybe this isn’t an “impact” that all of us must now “brace for.”   Perhaps this is the system that our Founders actually intended, operating in the very way that it should.   (Our Founders were radicals, too.)
particledots
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, August 09 2017 @ 08:30 AM CDT

[QUOTE BY= Daugrin]

Daug[/QUOTE

http://time.com/4887574/trump-raise-act-immigration/
particledots
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, August 09 2017 @ 09:01 AM CDT

[QUOTE BY= Daugrin]

Daug[/QUOTE

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/09/god-save-us-from-donald-trumps-fire-and-fury
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, August 09 2017 @ 12:14 PM CDT

Well, that’s part of what it means to be Commander-in-Chief.   You are surrounded by “experts” and “armchair Generals,” many of whom just have their heads stuck in the sand, while y-o-u are, as JFK famously said it, “the responsible officer of this Government.”

The present situation, as brought upon the world entirely by the idiots in North Korea (and the much-bigger idiots who sold them missiles!), makes the Cuban Missile Crisis look like a carnival side-show.   The North Korean government seems eager to go up in a puff of smoke.   After all, they’ve spent the last fifty years wallowing in the detritus of a war that never ended for them.   They used to be the protectorate of Communist governments who lately don’t give a damn.   And it is the CinC, and the entire military and diplomatic corps which report to him, who cannot turn away from the “clear and present danger” which these men now pose ... not just to the allies of the United States, but to the whole damn world.

It isn’t just an American problem, and the world community can’t say that they don’t want to become involved.   They are “involved.”

I don’t think that the NK handlers understand anything but the language of a gun.   They obviously don’t care about their children, or their countrymen.   They are psychopaths and, at least for the moment, Heads of State.   And they’ve got nuclear weapons on the launch-pad with fuel in the tanks.   A man with an Uzi in a room full of school children would represent far less of a threat to far less people.

This is not a situation in which our political handlers should be mumbling words like, “he didn’t really mean to say that.”   These people see things like that as weakness, because they are suicidal psychopaths.   They need to see our very best Clint Eastwood imitation, until maybe it finally dawns on them that they have no idea what fire they are playing with.    However, they must never be allowed the “glorious denouemont” which they, perversely, desire.   They’re eager to go out in a blaze of glory and to take their country with them, and the whole world is seen by them as just pawns in their show.
particledots
Forum Full Member

Saturday, August 12 2017 @ 11:38 PM CDT

Daug

http://billmoyers.com/story/lest-we-forget/
particledots
Forum Full Member

Saturday, August 12 2017 @ 11:52 PM CDT

Daug

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/12/charlottesville-protest-trump-condemns-violence-many-sides
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Sunday, August 13 2017 @ 09:14 PM CDT

To me, Charlottesville was not “a protest” ... it was a walking hate-crime.   It was an assault on every student who attends that University, and an assault on the city.   I don’t have any idea why it was permitted to occur.   “Freedom of speech” and “freedom of expression” don’t extend to situations that only foment virulent hate.   And if you think that you speak for the city, the state, the South, or anyone else ... you don’t.

And, anyone these days can put on a red hat, and say that they are “Trump supporters,” and blah de blah de blah, and to my way of thinking they’re just craving legitimacy.   Maybe they hoped that the President would at least fly-over in Air Force One.   Maybe they hoped that he would affirm them or condemn them.   Anything for the legitimacy they crave.

I think that it’s rather shrewd what he did do:   he responded rather unequivocably, and said that there were problems on both sides ... which, there are.   Any statement that addressed only one side would have been immediately torn apart by one side and lifted to the sky by the other.   But you just can’t do that so easily with a response like the one that he actually gave.   The protest elicited a response – of course it must have – but it didn’t dictate the terms of that response.

ktb
Forum Full Member

Monday, August 14 2017 @ 03:01 PM CDT

Quote by: MikeRobinson

I think that it’s rather shrewd what he did do:   he responded rather unequivocably, and said that there were problems on both sides ... which, there are.   Any statement that addressed only one side would have been immediately torn apart by one side and lifted to the sky by the other.   But you just can’t do that so easily with a response like the one that he actually gave.   The protest elicited a response – of course it must have – but it didn’t dictate the terms of that response.

Mike, I am begging you. As a fellow musician. As a decent human being - please stop. A little piece of my soul dies everytime you post.

peace

John