Get Flash to see this player.
The structure is sectional, and each section connects with the next. Section titles (except those marked Remembrance) are drawn from lines of the biblical poetry, as follows:
1. “How deserted lies the city, once so full of people!”
3. “All the splendor has gone…”
4. “All her doorways are empty… and she is in bitter anguish.”
5. Brief remembrance.
6. “Amongst all her lovers there is none to comfort her.”
7. “My children are destitute because the enemy has prevailed.”
8. “He has burned in Jacob like a fire that consumes everything.”
10. “How deserted lies the city, once so full of people.”