Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
carlaz
Forum Newbie

Looking for a lost loop (from old Access Virus freebie pack?
Friday, January 18 2008 @ 04:44 PM CST

Slightly bizarre question, but someone here might have the answer.

In the last 6 months, I've changed countries and continents, upgraded to a new Mac and new version of GarageBand -- and somewhere in this shuffle I've lost some of the freely downloaded 3rd-party loops that I'd used in some of my old GB tracks. I just opened one up today and found it complaining that certain audio files were not found.

There was a synth loop in this particular track, the effect of which I quite liked; it's called "16 Angels On Horse.aiff" (according to GB's helpful message about it not being found). I think it was from the "Access Virus Loop Collection 1.0", which despite being listed on the MacJams.com Resources page unfortunately seems to be off-line and seems to have vanished long ago!). Does anyone know a live mirror site, or have a copy they could sling my way, somehow?

I'm probably missing some other loops too, but perhaps from the same pack that one came from. It'd be a start, anyway Smile

Any clues?

"Lords of Rock, grace us with your mighty love ...."
drakonis
Forum Full Member

Re:Looking for a lost loop (from old Access Virus freebie pa
Friday, January 18 2008 @ 05:13 PM CST

Uh, yes, I have those loops... it says they're from Bitshift Audio 2003. A quick Google shows nothing, so I'm not sure where I got them from... likely either Macjams or iComp. If nobody else finds them on the net for you, send me a note with ideas of how to get a giant blob of stuff to you (yousendit.com, pando?) and I'll ship them off.

ttfn,
Drakonis

Friday, January 18 2008 @ 05:19 PM CST

Hi.Go joinhttp://www.icompositions.com/ ...Once joined you can go to the marketplace area and download free loops..I don't think it was bitshift..I'm leaning more towards bandmates...Check it out....JET

Or once you join just do a search for "free Loops" a list will appear..The links may or may not be valid any longer..

You may want to check the free loops here also from the missing manual site.. http://missingmanuals.com/cds/
carlaz
Forum Newbie

Friday, January 18 2008 @ 05:24 PM CST

Ah, you're right! Some googling confirms both that a) the loop in question was from BitShift Audio, and b) yeah, I can't find a copy anywhere either. (Has Bit Shift become iZotope?)

If anyone knows where to find them, please give a shout!

Otherwise: Thanks, draconis -- if no one comes up with anything, I'll drop you a line with a pretty please and we can figure out how to fling the giant blob of stuff around. Once I get these things, perhaps I'll quietly stick them up on my web site in case anyone else it looking for them. Smile

drakonis
Forum Full Member

Friday, January 18 2008 @ 05:41 PM CST

Yes, it is a link in the Macjams "Resource Library"... and... it is BROKEN. It points to an area that BitshiftAudio has disconnected. But I have those loops plus a bazillion more freebies I've hoarded over the years (dragons do that.) I'll see if I get a free moment this weekend and I'll stick it up on a download spot of my web site for you. Then you'll owe me... perhaps you can be coerced/cajoled into doing a heavy metal collab of "Ember"... nobody has done that yet, that would be cool! :-)

ttfn,
Drakonis
carlaz
Forum Newbie

Re:Looking for a lost loop (from old BitShift or Access Viru
Friday, January 18 2008 @ 06:43 PM CST

Quote by: JET
Go joinhttp://www.icompositions.com/ ...Once joined you can go to the marketplace area and download free loops.. I don't think it was bitshift..I'm leaning more towards bandmates...Check it out....

I'm on iCompositions, too Smile
I'm downloading, or re-downloading, the Bandmates pack too -- since who knows what else I might have lost from before? -- though judging from the (also broken) links on this page I think it might have been BitShift after all.

Quote by: JET
You may want to check the free loops here also from the missing manual site.. http://missingmanuals.com/cds/

Thanks, I'll check that out -- can't have too many loops'n'stuff! Smile

carlaz
Forum Newbie

Friday, January 18 2008 @ 07:45 PM CST

Quote by: drakonis
But I have those loops plus a bazillion more freebies I've hoarded over the years (dragons do that.)

Wink

Quote by: drakonis
I'll see if I get a free moment this weekend and I'll stick it up on a download spot of my web site for you. Then you'll owe me... perhaps you can be coerced/cajoled into doing a heavy metal collab of "Ember"... nobody has done that yet, that would be cool! :-)

You're on! Smile I'd be happy to have a go anyway -- just downloaded the existing piece and checking it out. Very cool! I'll need to spin it over and over in the iPod a few times so some ideas can starting fermenting their way into my head .... But stick the cited GarageBand 2 file of it up there and I'll snag that too! Smile

mbstrom
Forum Newbie

Thursday, December 21 2017 @ 04:05 AM CST

Did you ever find those drumkits? Was there one called "Wigga Hop" in that Bitshift Pack?