Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
caroline
Forum Full Member

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire - glos-ter-sh - United Kingdom

Cameron Kopf
Saturday, August 11 2018 @ 08:08 AM CDT

My dear Macjammers, it is with a heavy heart that I must tell you of the sudden death of my beloved friend and Macjammer Cameron. We met in the chat room here and became firm friends in the Real World. I flew to America yesterday to be with his family and remember, with joy, our musical collaborations and profound friendship.

The duke had a mind that ticked like a clock and, like a clock, it regularly went cuckoo. Sir Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Re:Cameron Kopf
Saturday, August 11 2018 @ 09:16 AM CDT

Very sad news, indeed. I'm sorry for your loss, Caroline.

For those who may not remember, or who weren't around years ago, Cameron was a very fine professional musician (french horn, among other instruments) who toured extensively as part of The Phantom of the Opera orchestra.

He was a friendly and generous member here during this joint's "Golden Age."

R.I.P., Cameron. Frown

https://www.macjams.com/artist/Cameron

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Saturday, August 11 2018 @ 10:43 AM CDT

I'm so sad to hear this! Cameron helped me a lot as I was experimenting with orchestrating my piano music. I valued his accessibility, friendliness and willingness to share his knowledge. All the best to his family

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Saturday, August 11 2018 @ 03:03 PM CDT

One of the finest to grace the MacJams community.
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Sunday, August 12 2018 @ 09:58 AM CDT

Oh man, that's some news. I've never managed to meet him IRL but we communicated through comments and emails. Just a few days ago he was still posting pictures of him and James having an obvious good time.

A great loss to everyone that knew him.

Victor.

PS his husband James Joannesson Kopf shared this:

the first of the week, cameron had noticed having random body aches in his shoulder & chest area. he said it wasn't really that bad and that it would come and go. he also said that he just felt really "off". otherwise, he seemed fine, just a tad sluggish which he blamed perhaps on the hot weather and maybe the smoke which has been in the area. we had even gone up to the falls with friends on monday for a toe-dip.

on thursday morning, around 3, i turned over to see him sitting on the side of bed. he was having a bad night sleeping and the aches had returned. i suggested he step in the bathroom for a couple of ibuprophens. a couple of minutes later, i went to check on him and found him unconscious on the floor. it was truly that quick. i was unable to get him to respond. i ran to dial 911, they helped on the phone with cpr until the local emt arrived who started their initial procedures. they were minutes later joined by a more advanced team. despite all these efforts, a few minutes later they came to tell that were unable to revive him. my dearest, neighbor buck had come as soon as i called, so i was not alone, for which i am eternally grateful.

-- My CD.
Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Sunday, August 12 2018 @ 02:59 PM CDT

I'm stunned and saddened to hear this. Facebook being what it is, I had just noticed yesterday while I was at work a wonderful photo of Cameron and James. I had no idea he was already gone.

Cameron was friendly, helpful, and a true gentleman. A skilled musician and a collector of typewriters...

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn
Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Sunday, August 12 2018 @ 03:01 PM CDT

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn
DWL
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, August 15 2018 @ 03:29 AM CDT

Oh Caroline, I'm very sorry to hear that.

I asked him for advice once on a horn part I was trying to write. Really helpful and a lovely bloke Frown .

Hanging in with the out crowd (All rights reserved)
Parichayaka
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, August 15 2018 @ 03:49 PM CDT

Thank you for sharing this very sad news with us. Cameron offered some of the most profound musical insights and profound comments here. When I read his name in the forums section, I immediately remembered his generous words of encouragement, especially on some of my early tracks. Meant a lot to me then, and now, although I have never met him in person, this feeling of gratitude remains.

Calchas
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, August 22 2018 @ 09:25 AM CDT

Condolences Caroline.

Stay strong.