Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Anyone with experience with film-scoring?
Sunday, December 09 2018 @ 05:05 PM CST

In an effort to teach myself about video, I have selected some iPhone-based footage about a trip that I made to Supelo Island, Georgia (USA) to try to make it (using iMovie) into about a 4-minute video.   I want to depict, first, the crazy life of the big city (say, Atlanta), then show the remote barrier-island environment that is actually just a few hours away.   So far, so good.

But, crazy fool that I am, I also want to create all of the music cues for it, using Logic Pro X.   I’m looking for guidance from anyone here who has set out to do the same thing.

I have posted the first 34-second cue for your enjoyment and comments.
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Re:Anyone with experience with film-scoring?
Thursday, December 13 2018 @ 06:45 PM CST

Well, I was hoping that someone would chime in ... at the very least, with a handful of nice recommended videos ... because I am rather-abruptly discovering for myself that it is not a simple thing to try to set a piece of music to a set of image cuts!

(Obviously, it is much easier to just select a stock piece of music footage and then to synchronize the video to it.   Pretty please, somebody out there – should I just give up and do the same thing?)
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Friday, December 14 2018 @ 02:50 PM CST

Surely there are youtube videos about using Logic to synchronize music and video. Mygawd, they have video tutorials for just about EVERYTHING. Wink

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Friday, December 14 2018 @ 04:45 PM CST

Uh huh ...   I have lately been buried by Praises for John Williams ...!!

mr_mordenus
Forum Full Member

Friday, December 14 2018 @ 04:54 PM CST

I got two words for you - Doug Somers. This MJer is right up there with John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith and the like. He's also a generous, creative guy who might have tons of guidance and advice. I can't say enough about his skill and talent putting music to visual images.