Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author

woodguy
Friday, April 30 2010 @ 06:33 AM CDT

I was jamming to Bob6stringer's 1-2-3-5 Overdrive and it made me think of a member here that we haven't heard from in a long time, woodguy

He had some challenges going on with a broken hand and then cancer, if I remember correctly.

Does anyone keep in touch with him? Any news?
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Re:woodguy
Friday, April 30 2010 @ 08:07 AM CDT

no news

but i think you meant woodguy32

Friday, April 30 2010 @ 08:32 AM CDT

Yes, thanks. Same guy - but the woodguy32 page has songs. Thanks for the right link to his songs
Bob6stringer
Forum Full Member

Friday, April 30 2010 @ 08:59 AM CDT

Harold, when I was working on that tune I thought of Tempie, and I also thought of Woodguy. Your forum post led me to look him up. I had no idea he's had such travails. He's still keeping up iComps as woodguy32, where his latest upload was last week -- April 23 2010.

You HAVE to see it... really, both: Two examples of Steampunk art, in which he turned iMacs into something from the 19th century. Click HERE for one and HERE for the other.

Many of you who, like me, are regular readers of TUAW/The Ultimate Apple Weblog, may remember seeing these a few months ago. Like me, you may have wondered what amazing craftsman made these cool things. This, coming from a man who is likely one of the world's leading wood-paneled hotrod makers. Now we know. So he's still alive, beating cancer back and hoping to make more music but, he says:

"With the right hand destroyed I am limited in alot of things. My Art, Hotrods and Music I cant do it anymore...functions are limited..."
ziti
Forum Full Member

Friday, April 30 2010 @ 11:13 AM CDT

woodguy is a true artist...and a very humble dude about the stuff he creates.

I have been keeping him in my thoughts and I am glad to hear he is still fighting the good fight.

drop us a line Woody!!!!!

z

Friday, April 30 2010 @ 11:28 AM CDT

woodguy is an unsung hero - do you know how he broke the bones in his hand? He rescued an elderly lady in a car crash. That's my kind of hero
woodguy32
Forum Full Member

Sunday, May 02 2010 @ 07:07 PM CDT

Yea.. I am still alive...at least I think so...( Feeling great really.. the cancer thing had a comeback in the beginning of the year.. and on constant watch .. But I am going to beat this thing for sure )

Some day I will open up garageband again and see what happens.. It has been a very long time..just frustrating when brains and hands just dont work together anymore..
Thank you everyone at MJ..

wood

Basic Hot Rod Stuff
GregDz
Forum Junior

Sunday, May 02 2010 @ 07:50 PM CDT

Keep that positive attitude, and don't ever give up.

I know first hand that your mind can cure things that modern medicine can't. You mind can either heal you or kill you. I use my music as my therapy- it often works better than the drugs. I have been to hell and back a couple times, and beat odds that were against me... Coma, strokes, heart-attack, total heart stoppage (yes I saw the light), organ failure, tumors... blah, blah, blah. But I'm still here to complain about it... and to make music.

There are a couple of books by Dr. David Burns who has helped numerous terminal cancer victims go into remission. Check them out.

Open GB. Play some music or remix some older tunes. Write about what makes you happy. Sing. Scream! Envision your body, your mind, your music, destroying that cancer.

Good luck! The fact that you are here and talking about it is a good thing.

Peace!

Greg
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Sunday, May 02 2010 @ 09:20 PM CDT

Quote by: GregDz
Keep that positive attitude, and don't ever give up.

I know first hand that your mind can cure things that modern medicine can't. You mind can either heal you or kill you. I use my music as my therapy- it often works better than the drugs. I have been to hell and back a couple times, and beat odds that were against me... Coma, strokes, heart-attack, total heart stoppage (yes I saw the light), organ failure, tumors... blah, blah, blah. But I'm still here to complain about it... and to make music.

There are a couple of books by Dr. David Burns who has helped numerous terminal cancer victims go into remission. Check them out.

Open GB. Play some music or remix some older tunes. Write about what makes you happy. Sing. Scream! Envision your body, your mind, your music, destroying that cancer.

Good luck! The fact that you are here and talking about it is a good thing.

Peace!

Greg

DeputyDoofy
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 03 2010 @ 06:04 AM CDT

Quote by: woodguy32
Yea.. I am still alive...at least I think so...( Feeling great really.. the cancer thing had a comeback in the beginning of the year.. and on constant watch .. But I am going to beat this thing for sure )

Some day I will open up garageband again and see what happens.. It has been a very long time..just frustrating when brains and hands just dont work together anymore..
Thank you everyone at MJ..

wood

WG, I am so glad to see you out here. I've been wondering how you were. I'm sorry to hear of the cancer comeback, but don't ever give up the good fight. I believe you will beat this thing once and for all.

Until then, know that these internet "strangers" are all pulling for you!! Smile