Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

On the ambient trail
Saturday, April 28 2018 @ 10:48 AM CDT

With apologies for the glitches, here is an improv that I'm fairly happy with.

Six down three to go from Oakensong on Vimeo.

Victor.

-- My CD.
bud
Forum Full Member

Re:On the ambient trail
Saturday, April 28 2018 @ 11:37 AM CDT

Nice piece - I really like the way you use the octaver pedal - and the relaxed pacing of the recording.

It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Saturday, April 28 2018 @ 12:12 PM CDT

Quote by: bud
the relaxed pacing of the recording.

I'm still learning to play slow....

Victor.

-- My CD.
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, May 16 2018 @ 09:21 PM CDT

Another missing bit on my pedal board filled. With two different delays and two different reverbs I think I'm now actually sort of set.

Flash Pad Down from Oakensong on Vimeo.

Victor.

-- My CD.
Parichayaka
Forum Full Member

Thursday, May 17 2018 @ 12:40 PM CDT

Impressive. Looks like so much fun and sounds amazing! What's your mic setup?
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Thursday, May 17 2018 @ 09:18 PM CDT

Quote by: Parichayaka

You know, for all my acoustic instrument I never got into preferences for one mic or another. And with all the processing here I'm not sure that the mic is a factor anymore. Maybe I should explore the subject further.

Anyway. One Shure SM137 into a Presonus tube preamp, and then, eh, into a 3 way splitter.

A: this is the main melody channel: a small Mooer reverb, with a EHX canyon delay in front of it for occasional shimmer effects. (So,eh, the "dry" channel has basically two reverbs on it.)

B: this is the effects channel. Eventide H9, with volume & expression pedal, providing here an infinite reverb. I sometimes use this for pitch shifting.

C: the drone channel. EHX Superego (with a chorus in the effects loop) into TC Sub'n'Up octave divider. My latest acquisition is a TC Flashback to add a nice tail to this sub drone. I'm really pleased with how it sounds now.

And the three channels then go into a little mixer. The mixer goes into Logic and into the phone; audio video are mixed together in Logic, then iMovie for titles.

And that's it.....

Victor.

-- My CD.
Vic Holman
Forum Full Member

Friday, May 18 2018 @ 08:34 PM CDT

wow. now that's entertainment. great use of the pedals. I'm guessing a lot of thought and practice went into when and not when to use them.

I noticed you gave in and bought the canyon. for the price it has a lot going on.

well, you don't see that everyday
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Friday, May 18 2018 @ 09:19 PM CDT

Quote by: Vic Holman

I noticed you gave in and bought the canyon. for the price it has a lot going on.

Definitely a very nifty pedal.

Victor.

-- My CD.
Parichayaka
Forum Full Member

Saturday, May 19 2018 @ 02:50 PM CDT

Quote by: VicDiesel
Quote by: Parichayaka

You know, for all my acoustic instrument I never got into preferences for one mic or another. And with all the processing here I'm not sure that the mic is a factor anymore. Maybe I should explore the subject further.

Anyway. One Shure SM137 into a Presonus tube preamp, and then, eh, into a 3 way splitter.

A: this is the main melody channel: a small Mooer reverb, with a EHX canyon delay in front of it for occasional shimmer effects. (So,eh, the "dry" channel has basically two reverbs on it.)

B: this is the effects channel. Eventide H9, with volume & expression pedal, providing here an infinite reverb. I sometimes use this for pitch shifting.

C: the drone channel. EHX Superego (with a chorus in the effects loop) into TC Sub'n'Up octave divider. My latest acquisition is a TC Flashback to add a nice tail to this sub drone. I'm really pleased with how it sounds now.

And the three channels then go into a little mixer. The mixer goes into Logic and into the phone; audio video are mixed together in Logic, then iMovie for titles.

And that's it.....

Victor.

Thanks so much for description! Years of experience compressed into one awesome live rig.

Warren Smith
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 21 2018 @ 10:35 AM CDT

In some ways, I find this such a weird thing to watch - that it is such an insider specialty thing - to share a nine-minute video of pedalboard footwork (and not showing the fingerwork or breathing technique of the piece). Yet it makes complete sense (which shows what a special place MacJams is - that people find value in what you are sharing and even want to know more detail about what is going on). Myself, I'd like to see this in split-screen, with the corresponding close-up of your fingers and mouth to go with the footwork.