Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Re:Mj death
Wednesday, January 23 2019 @ 06:41 PM CST

Quote by: SmokeyVW
beat that dead horse

That's the spirit!

"People claim there is no truth, and they assert this as true; they say that man can know nothing, but this is something they think they know; they claim that 'life' takes precedence over thought, and yet this is something they think!" (Frithjof Schuon)
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, January 23 2019 @ 06:54 PM CST

Quote by: Daugrin
Quote by: SmokeyVW
beat that dead horse

Being eclipsed online by startup music communities was bad. That happened because MJ became clique driven by armies of sock and meat puppets, mental illness drove these folks to control the site, and it was socially corrupted. Musicians just went elsewhere, and there were less than 20 musicians left contributing, there were basically trolls and puppets left when Kenta pronounced MJ dead. He was right. The sock and meat puppet armies died without victims and their manipulators confessed on their way out the door.
Does anyone doubt that if IComps made money it would still be up and viable? What killed MJ for the owner is simple, MJs can not break out into money. It is not valued at more than $1,500 to this day. The add revenue just covers server costs perhaps. All the time the admin put into the effort is gratis and gone.
Even if they are nostalgic. Even if they love the Freeper dream. Does it make sense to continue to put time into the program? The answer is no.
So we can all hang out here and keep the dream alive. Or not. Free music, free colab, free critique and advise is still available on the internet to those who got into the door.
Maybe it is fitting that it end this way. Last standing and all... The Muse will have her way my friends.

Daug

I for one am willing to pay a monthly or annual fee. It would be worth it.

Enough with the so called "revolution." It's time for the return of reality. (It is both my experience and considered opinion that the two have absolutely ZERO in common...)

In the meantime, I'll continue to do what I do---which is make, post, listen to, and comment on MUSIC (whilst shunning the boring, self-serving, and almost invariably idiotic political Forums!)---whilst hoping against hope for a revival of interest on the part of the admins; perhaps fueled by pledges of financial and any other needed support from we participants. (Other sites charge and do just fine.)

Hey, what can it hurt?

As for threads like this one, if anyone thinks they're an utter waste of time, that one's participation is surely unnecessary.

"People claim there is no truth, and they assert this as true; they say that man can know nothing, but this is something they think they know; they claim that 'life' takes precedence over thought, and yet this is something they think!" (Frithjof Schuon)
papag
Forum Full Member

Sunday, January 27 2019 @ 10:57 PM CST

Definitely not dead... just like the musical embers we keep to get the fire going...

Please check out my latest tune "Chinese Flutes"...

papag
Forum Full Member

Sunday, January 27 2019 @ 10:58 PM CST

It’s been a while (until today) since I posted, but I do come to listen to the excellent music.

Please check out my latest tune "Chinese Flutes"...