Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
jiguma
Forum Full Member

Re:Give peace a chance?
Thursday, April 18 2019 @ 04:47 AM CDT

So here's something about MJ that is discouraging me from getting too excited about being back: A friend tried to listen to "Disappearing Man" on MJ after I posted the link to FaceBook. Here's his reply: "Interesting pic. I can't play the tune because Chrome says I have to have Flash installed, which I can't do, too risky. Tried with Firefox but same. Do you have it on Soundcloud or somewhere else?"
That's just annoying!
N
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, April 24 2019 @ 10:45 AM CDT

So exactly how does peace have a chance in a culture where hate and division are mandated by the "organizers".

Nostalgia is foolishness under these conditions. I do not disparage nostalgia, it is human nature, but people you can no longer go home. Home is gone, it was remade by hate. Hate is everywhere in our culture all the time for a reason.

Rules for radicals dictates one lead the sheep, or be a sheep. Unless you are in the one percent marked for immediate destruction, and no one here qualifies for that speciality, always a new one percent to exploit, until the money runs out.

Even sheep see this happening in cities and states where the Organizers have had there way for a couple of generations. Doubt this is why hate is supreme in our culture? The evidence is clear where the narrative of the Organizers leads.

Giving peace a chance is a choice. I would suggest the individual find genuine dissent, avoid approved dissent, and most important, not support people that hate, even if they promise you lots of free money, five minutes of fame and free cable.

Daug
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, April 24 2019 @ 11:50 AM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin
So exactly how does peace have a chance in a culture where hate and division are mandated by the "organizers".

Nostalgia is foolishness under these conditions. I do not disparage nostalgia, it is human nature, but people you can no longer go home. Home is gone, it was remade by hate. Hate is everywhere in our culture all the time for a reason.

Rules for radicals dictates one lead the sheep, or be a sheep. Unless you are in the one percent marked for immediate destruction, and no one here qualifies for that speciality, always a new one percent to exploit, until the money runs out.

Even sheep see this happening in cities and states where the Organizers have had there way for a couple of generations. Doubt this is why hate is supreme in our culture? The evidence is clear where the narrative of the Organizers leads.

Giving peace a chance is a choice. I would suggest the individual find genuine dissent, avoid approved dissent, and most important, not support people that hate, even if they promise you lots of free money, five minutes of fame and free cable.

Daug

Interesting, but not what this post is about.

It IS about putting aside our considerable differences and getting back to the business of making music in an environment of creativity and mutual respect.

“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” (St. Augustine)
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, April 24 2019 @ 11:50 AM CDT

Double post... Sorry.

“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” (St. Augustine)
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, April 24 2019 @ 03:24 PM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin

Daug

that's the spirit!

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
jgurner
Forum Full Member

Thursday, April 25 2019 @ 04:50 PM CDT

Once upon a time I had friends and family and, for the most part, I knew little to nothing about their politics, their religious beliefs, what they ate for dinner or what their cats were doing.

For better or worse, that changed (the cats were for better). And when it did, interactions with those people changed no matter how hard any of us tried to make it not be so.

I can't say I was more "at peace" with anyone back in the day than I am now. I can only say if I wasn't "at peace" I didn't really have a way to broadcast it to the entire world. I don't think we've come to terms with what a powerful thing that is - especially those of us who lived most of our lives without it.

MacJams came along in the days before most of us had much of an inkling of the power and danger of our connectedness. We were simply awed by the fact we could sit in Mississippi (or where ever) and connect with people in Australia (or where ever) over the songs we wrote and the music we love.

But, today is a different day and, as the saying goes "you can't bathe in the same river twice."

MacJams won't be what it was in 2004 (except maybe design and coding) or 2009, 2015 or yesterday. Not to be overly metaphysical, but it's not a static thing because we aren't static beings. And that's the power of this place and of us.

We can make it whatever we want it to be.

If we want it to be a place of conflict, then we certainly have the power to do that as we've demonstrated numerous times (anyone remember the great "Terms and Conditions" Wars of the last decade?) But we can also continue to make it a place of friendship and collaboration.

That doesn't necessarily mean a new Age of Aquarius where we all join together hand-in-hand and sing a song about Coca-cola, but we can try to be the best people we are and, most importantly, we can treat one another with respect. Even those you disagree with and - here comes the hard part - especially those who decide to do the opposite. Don't stoop to their level. Rise to your own. (Cut to cheesy inspirational poster.)

Zarquon knows I'm not a Pollyanna "let's just all get along" type. But I work every day to better myself and much to my surprise I have learned I enjoy living in a world - not without conflict - but with as little animosity, divisiveness and vitriol as I can manage. And the best way for me to manage it is through my own behavior. I can't control others, but maybe if I do my part, others will do the same. Or at least not escalate and maybe give up when I don't take the bait.

I'll keep coming here as long as this place still functions. I'll listen and post as often as I can (which, sadly, is not as often as I used to or would like). I would hope most people can rise above any unpleasantness that will come up from time-to-time and do the same.

And I hope we'll keep reaching out to each other - online and in person (I've had a blast visiting with some of you folks) - in spite of how much or how little we agree on the things of the world.
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Saturday, April 27 2019 @ 01:20 PM CDT

Quote by: jgurner
Once upon a time I had friends and family and, for the most part, I knew little to nothing about their politics, their religious beliefs, what they ate for dinner or what their cats were doing.

For better or worse, that changed (the cats were for better). And when it did, interactions with those people changed no matter how hard any of us tried to make it not be so.

I can't say I was more "at peace" with anyone back in the day than I am now. I can only say if I wasn't "at peace" I didn't really have a way to broadcast it to the entire world. I don't think we've come to terms with what a powerful thing that is - especially those of us who lived most of our lives without it.

MacJams came along in the days before most of us had much of an inkling of the power and danger of our connectedness. We were simply awed by the fact we could sit in Mississippi (or where ever) and connect with people in Australia (or where ever) over the songs we wrote and the music we love.

But, today is a different day and, as the saying goes "you can't bathe in the same river twice."

MacJams won't be what it was in 2004 (except maybe design and coding) or 2009, 2015 or yesterday. Not to be overly metaphysical, but it's not a static thing because we aren't static beings. And that's the power of this place and of us.

We can make it whatever we want it to be.

If we want it to be a place of conflict, then we certainly have the power to do that as we've demonstrated numerous times (anyone remember the great "Terms and Conditions" Wars of the last decade?) But we can also continue to make it a place of friendship and collaboration.

That doesn't necessarily mean a new Age of Aquarius where we all join together hand-in-hand and sing a song about Coca-cola, but we can try to be the best people we are and, most importantly, we can treat one another with respect. Even those you disagree with and - here comes the hard part - especially those who decide to do the opposite. Don't stoop to their level. Rise to your own. (Cut to cheesy inspirational poster.)

Zarquon knows I'm not a Pollyanna "let's just all get along" type. But I work every day to better myself and much to my surprise I have learned I enjoy living in a world - not without conflict - but with as little animosity, divisiveness and vitriol as I can manage. And the best way for me to manage it is through my own behavior. I can't control others, but maybe if I do my part, others will do the same. Or at least not escalate and maybe give up when I don't take the bait.

I'll keep coming here as long as this place still functions. I'll listen and post as often as I can (which, sadly, is not as often as I used to or would like). I would hope most people can rise above any unpleasantness that will come up from time-to-time and do the same.

And I hope we'll keep reaching out to each other - online and in person (I've had a blast visiting with some of you folks) - in spite of how much or how little we agree on the things of the world.

Thank you, Joe for your rational thoughts. Such is the clarity — and power — of hard-earned wisdom. Wink

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
jgurner
Forum Full Member

Saturday, April 27 2019 @ 08:33 PM CDT

Quote by: J.A.Stewart

Thank you, Joe for your rational thoughts. Such is the clarity — and power — of hard-earned wisdom. Wink

Studied under Yoda, I did. Big Grin
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Saturday, April 27 2019 @ 09:00 PM CDT

As evidenced by this thread, there are a lot of good/gracious people here. Thanks all for your input and encouragement.

Calchas
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, May 15 2019 @ 08:48 AM CDT

Quote by: jgurner
Quote by: J.A.Stewart

Studied under Yoda, I did. Big Grin

Knew it, I!!!