Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Attkisson Update!
Monday, May 20 2019 @ 11:25 AM CDT

Mrs. Attkisson career at CBS famously ended when she reported accurate information on illegal govt spying during the Obama administration. You might have forgotten that post in the forum here.
She has a steady gig working for Sinclair Broadcasting, (that's a conservative programming provider for you low information consumers), she has had two best selling books and seems to be demonstrating on Mike Huckabee's interview show she is not slowing down.
Nice to see a gal overcome adversity isn't it?

Daug
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Re:Attkisson Update!
Monday, May 20 2019 @ 12:25 PM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin

Mrs. Attkisson career at CBS famously ended when she reported accurate information on illegal govt spying during the Obama administration. You might have forgotten that post in the forum here.
She has a steady gig working for Sinclair Broadcasting, (that's a conservative programming provider for you low information consumers), she has had two best selling books and seems to be demonstrating on Mike Huckabee's interview show she is not slowing down.
Nice to see a gal overcome adversity isn't it?

Daug

working hard to fan the flames again? maybe you should listen to your own words:

Quote by: Daugrin

The meme for the certain sign of mental illness is to continue doing the same behavior over and over and expecting different results at the completion of a cycle, no?
Daug

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Re:Attkisson Update!
Monday, May 20 2019 @ 10:07 PM CDT

In the next few weeks and months, it is going to be extremely hard for the people of our country to reconcile themselves to “what has actually been going on, quite likely, for many decades.”   This is not the sort of truth that any sane person wants to swallow.

“This is no longer Politics ...”   Whatever you do or don’t think about present or recent politicians doesn’t matter.
(When the PATRIOT Act miraculously appeared ... about 900 pages of it ... even in 2001 I had questions.   I wondered how any wordsmith could write so fast.   I wondered if it simply represented “ex post facto justification” for things that had already(!) been going on.   However, like everybody else, I was shell-shocked.   I really didn’t want to consider that My(!) Country had actually stooped that low ... and that it might somehow have planned this in advance.   But, I digress ...)
In this very-unpleasant case, we have proof.   For example, in the form of incontrovertible audit-trail records maintained by classified government systems, which have lead to official findings of fact by a classified Federal court which has ruled that certain petitioners committed perjury.   (The ruling is classified and details are redacted.)   The Director of Intelligence discovered the anomalous access, ordered a complete audit, took technical action to remove the facility that had been abused, then informed the FISA Court among others.   We know the (authorized) users who searched, when they searched, and what they searched for.   We know they had no legitimate reason to perform these searches and that it was illegal for them to take the data with them ... but again, we know that they did so.   Proof.

What still remains to be discovered is the extent of the criminality, and how far back in the past it goes.   (How many Administrations, both Republican and Democrat.)   This is not going to be pretty ...

(“Obama?”   Why stop there?)   If we dared to go far enough, this might re-imagine Watergate ... and keep going.

Stay tuned ...