Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
bronco
Forum Full Member

Billy Strings-A New Great One
Sunday, February 10 2019 @ 01:40 AM CST

For a guy who was raised on traditional music and is supposedly a bluegrass guitar player fronting a bluegrass band, this is an amazing song and live performance.

Scott Carmichael
Forum Full Member

Re:Billy Strings-A New Great One
Sunday, February 10 2019 @ 07:17 AM CST

Wow that is delicious... enough to make me seek out more of their material... thank you for that!!
Scott Carmichael
Forum Full Member

Sunday, February 10 2019 @ 07:21 AM CST

In return for your gift... here is the greatest think I stumbled upon this year... Scott Mulvahill... delicious...https://youtu.be/Ah4b6otcSmQ
Scott Carmichael
Forum Full Member

Sunday, February 10 2019 @ 07:22 AM CST

In return for your gift... here is the greatest think I stumbled upon this year... Scott Mulvahill... delicious...https://youtu.be/Ah4b6otcSmQ
bronco
Forum Full Member

Monday, February 11 2019 @ 06:08 PM CST

Quote by: Scott Carmichael

He was already on my playlist. It seems we both like this new generation of bluegrass players that are stepping out of the box and putting out some truly original stuff. I was somewhat amazed to find out that Scott's song 20/20 Vision was first done by Gene Autry. The unique arrangement that Scott does made me think it was an original. Truly nothing new under the sun I suppose but you can always reshape it into a personal thing to suit your style.

BirdmanWayne94
Forum Full Member

Monday, February 11 2019 @ 08:04 PM CST

Quote by: Scott Carmichael

One of my favorite finds from last year.
DWL
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, February 12 2019 @ 10:50 AM CST

I think I'll give up playing guitar .....

Hanging in with the out crowd (All rights reserved)
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, February 13 2019 @ 09:13 AM CST

Was Nickel Creek and the 90s band The Blood Oranges (featuring mando whiz Jimmy Ryan) that got me listening to bluegrass again.

But these guys are fantastic too! Great find!

"People claim there is no truth, and they assert this as true; they say that man can know nothing, but this is something they think they know; they claim that 'life' takes precedence over thought, and yet this is something they think!" (Frithjof Schuon)

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, February 13 2019 @ 02:39 PM CST

Music City Roots is (was?) a truly-iconic live music show in Nashville, which is (was?) live-streamed every Wednesday night.   But they always kept moving around from one venue to another to another.   I guess I’ve lost track of them now, and their web-site hasn’t been updated in a while.

But, since I lived just south of Nashville at that time, I will never forget “MCR #1,” featuring Emmylou Harris.   (It was broadcast on WSM-650 in those days, but they changed radio affiliates frequently, too.)    Nor the show ... sold-out within twenty minutes but I snagged a ticket ... when songwriter Jimmy Webb performed and everyone in Nashville was there.