Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
billdancourtney
Forum Junior

Song hits vs. song plays?
Wednesday, May 02 2018 @ 06:57 AM CDT

Never mind. I just get tired sometimes.

Bill

“I'm not anti-social. I'm just not social.” ― Woody Allen
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Re:Song hits vs. song plays?
Wednesday, May 02 2018 @ 07:06 AM CDT

Quote by: billdancourtney
the song I uploaded that I thought was one of my better pieces has had all of 29 plays.

Songs don't magically rack up plays. How many comments did you leave on other people's tracks?

Victor.

-- My CD.
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, May 02 2018 @ 10:41 AM CDT

There used to be a random song-picker which to me was a feature of the site, because it constantly delivered good music that I otherwise never would have found.   Today, the odds are extremely high that I will never know that your song even exists.
bronco
Forum Full Member

Thursday, May 03 2018 @ 01:05 AM CDT

Lot of labor for what?

Bill[/QUOTE] Well hopefully you enjoyed creating the music, interacting with your fellow Macjammers, and listening to what they created. If you come with unrealistic expectations that you will be famous or derive some type of monetary reward then you will always be disappointed. This has always been a small town on the huge internet highway. Good place to make friends and admire other's talent but if you want massive attention go elsewhere.

There also has always been a lot of confusion as to the difference between hits and plays. Considering the state of the software I wouldn't put too much stock in the disparity between the numbers.
Skean
Forum Full Member

Thursday, May 03 2018 @ 06:48 AM CDT

I Almost Always Try to Think Positive Thoughts.
billdancourtney
Forum Junior

Thursday, May 03 2018 @ 07:46 AM CDT

Quote by: VicDiesel
the song I uploaded that I thought was one of my better pieces has had all of 29 plays.

Songs don't magically rack up plays. How many comments did you leave on other people's tracks?

Victor.

Okay. Cool.

VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Thursday, May 03 2018 @ 08:13 AM CDT

I do leave comments, but not with the intent of just wanting one back. That is pretty cheesy I think.

Comments are the currency of this place. If you're posting here for the fame ot it you're very misguided. I doubt that there are many people here who get random listens to old material. Your latest will get listened to, and maybe the one before that. That's the way it is, cheesy or not.

Victor.

-- My CD.
billdancourtney
Forum Junior

Thursday, May 03 2018 @ 08:13 AM CDT

Quote by: bronco
Lot of labor for what?

Bill

Well hopefully you enjoyed creating the music, interacting with your fellow Macjammers, and listening to what they created. If you come with unrealistic expectations that you will be famous or derive some type of monetary reward then you will always be disappointed. This has always been a small town on the huge internet highway. Good place to make friends and admire other's talent but if you want massive attention go elsewhere.

There also has always been a lot of confusion as to the difference between hits and plays. Considering the state of the software I wouldn't put too much stock in the disparity between the numbers.

Okay. I dig. Thanks.

billdancourtney
Forum Junior

Thursday, May 03 2018 @ 08:40 AM CDT

Quote by: VicDiesel
I do leave comments, but not with the intent of just wanting one back. That is pretty cheesy I think.

Comments are the currency of this place. If you're posting here for the fame ot it you're very misguided. I doubt that there are many people here who get random listens to old material. Your latest will get listened to, and maybe the one before that. That's the way it is, cheesy or not.

Victor.

Okay Vic, thanks man.
I agree actually. Just took a blow is all and had to get over it.

Billy

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 08 2018 @ 07:08 AM CDT

One of the trade-offs, so to speak, of “anyone in the world can post their song to the Internet,” is that there are now hundreds-of-millions of them out there and simple probability does the rest.   And yet, marketing has always been like that.

The reason why I still like MJ, in addition to the size and variety of its catalog, is that the people here generally are “good musicians” who are not doing what they do for fame-and-fortune.   They’re doing it for the love of music, and of sharing music with others.   MJ is a “somewhat out-of-the way” site, yet it is by now a very old one and things posted here do get “quietly noticed.”

I still miss the random song-picker which used to introduce me to songs that I never would have stumbled-on otherwise.   I have a personal (off-line) play-list of hundreds of these songs to accompany my work-days, and the musical and engineering quality of a great many of them is as good as it gets.   I love to be constantly exposed to good music that I’ve never heard before, in a sort of “Forrest Gump” way.   MJ delivers, and has done so for many years.   (And if anybody today tries to give it “a face-lift,” I shall beat them most severely with a wet noodle.)

MyMacJams
Username:

Password:

New Song Picks by Fans
New Forum Posts
Who's Online
Invisible Members: 0
Visitors: 107
Chat
Advertising
Links