Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
michaeljayklein
Forum Full Member

Thank you, Macjams
Sunday, July 29 2018 @ 08:27 PM CDT

I've been away for so long. I'm truly sorry that I've not had the time in the past few years, but life's demands have taken me away. I understand this site will be closing soon and I'm tremendously sad to hear of this. It's a wonderful community with such outstanding talent that I feel the world will be even more deprived of enjoying and celebrating this wonderful thing called music.

To the many friends I've made and delighted in listening to and working with, I'm sure you'll find another rewarding outlet to share your wonderful gifts with other appreciative ears. So many folks here I will miss. I hope to meet you again.

As for me, I'm doing well and busier than ever! I sing and play here in Tampa and while I might have missed the boat, I'm still grateful for these nice opportunities given me. I've actually learned to not swallow my vowels, too, I'll have you know! (should that be "yanno"? Right Impsie?) 😏

To the administrators of this site, we greatly appreciate hanging in there for us! You're the best.

PS: You better cut your toenails--you're rippin' the sheets!

Love,

Michael

A sandwich walks into a bar. The barman says "Sorry we don't serve food in here."
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Re:Thank you, Macjams
Sunday, July 29 2018 @ 08:47 PM CDT

great to hear from you! it's been ages

i will miss this place too

but, life goes on
michaeljayklein
Forum Full Member

Sunday, July 29 2018 @ 09:00 PM CDT

Andy, we had such fun with our impromptu group, The Easy Aces. I was thrilled to join in with Sylvia and yourself. You guys really sparkled with your creativity! I'm in Facebook-- think this my link:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100015383644309

A sandwich walks into a bar. The barman says "Sorry we don't serve food in here."
michaeljayklein
Forum Full Member

Sunday, July 29 2018 @ 09:01 PM CDT

Duplicate --oops!

BirdmanWayne94
Forum Full Member

Monday, July 30 2018 @ 09:40 AM CDT

I visit every now and then... it's so good to see your name here.

Can someone update me on the whole MJ closing soon thing? I can't quite figure out why or when. It was down a few weeks back but it seems to be okay again. Am I missing something? (Well, I am...)
mr_mordenus
Forum Full Member

Monday, July 30 2018 @ 02:42 PM CDT

Haven't heard specifically about MJ closing down; iComp, on the other hand, is preparing to close down shortly.

Perhaps talk of one is being confused with the other?

It's true that MJ is a shadow (as far as activity goes) of what it used to be, but from a functional standpoint it's pretty much the same as it's been since forever.

And hellooooooooooooooo to you, Michael!
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Monday, July 30 2018 @ 03:32 PM CDT

Quote by: mr_mordenus
Haven't heard specifically about MJ closing down; iComp, on the other hand, is preparing to close down shortly.

Perhaps talk of one is being confused with the other?

It's true that MJ is a shadow (as far as activity goes) of what it used to be, but from a functional standpoint it's pretty much the same as it's been since forever.

And hellooooooooooooooo to you, Michael!

It was only a week or two ago that there was an *Expired Certificate* error message that appeared when trying to access the site. I contacted Simon (who was on vacation and otherwise occupied at the time) and he thanked me for the heads-up and corrected the problem within hours.

So I'm not sure where Michael got the impression that MJ is about to close. Perhaps he could share some specific news we're not aware of. Wink

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
groovehounds
Forum Junior

Monday, July 30 2018 @ 06:53 PM CDT

I am glad to have been part of this site when it was still cooking'. I miss the jazzy pieces and like many of my favs, have disappeared...
Gadzooks
groovehounds
Forum Junior

Monday, July 30 2018 @ 06:54 PM CDT

I hope you are well!

groovehounds
Forum Junior

Monday, July 30 2018 @ 06:54 PM CDT

I am glad to have been part of this site when it was still cooking'. I miss the jazzy pieces and like many of my favs, have disappeared...
Gadzooks