Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
charlieknight
Forum Newbie

Who"s downloading?
Monday, April 01 2019 @ 02:47 PM CDT

Not a concern at all, but I don't understand why recently downloading of posted songs has increased quite dramatically. Any one know why?
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Re:Who
Monday, April 01 2019 @ 02:52 PM CDT

Dunno...

I don't perceive it as a problem though.

I just wish folks would leave comments and not just download "anonymously," if you know what I mean. If someone likes one of my tunes enough to DL it, I'd love to know just what it is about the tune that appeals to them. It's one of the ways I learn! And I DO want to keep learning and growing in this craft.

“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” (St. Augustine)
KCsGROOVE
Forum Full Member

Monday, April 01 2019 @ 04:12 PM CDT

My last two songs had more downloads than plays...
weird, but I don't mind
:-)
KC

every note counts
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Monday, April 01 2019 @ 05:26 PM CDT

We got discovered Smile
There should be a quarterly bump the stats if the counts are real.
Someone is using their phone a lot?

Daug
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Monday, April 01 2019 @ 07:26 PM CDT

On most newer iPads, iPhones, and other devices the MJ player does not work. The only way to listen to a song on these devices is to hit the download button. Thus an increase in downloads relative to plays...
jgurner
Forum Full Member

Monday, April 01 2019 @ 09:03 PM CDT

Quote by: Dadai.2

On most newer iPads, iPhones, and other devices the MJ player does not work. The only way to listen to a song on these devices is to hit the download button. Thus an increase in downloads relative to plays...

I was wondering because I have tunes that have dozens of downloads, but very few plays and no likes or comments. So that makes a little sense, but I also wonder if there aren't some bots in play downloading as well.
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, April 02 2019 @ 02:05 PM CDT

Well, I think it comparatively unlikely that anyone would actually program a “bot” to start harvesting MJ’s vast catalog of songs, but of course you never know.   Far more likely, I think, is that people like the songs and don’t want to use Adobe Flash as a means of listening to them.   (Or maybe, they can’t.)

As for me, I continue to troll through the MJ catalog at random – since the “random song-picker” seems to be gone (or at least I can’t find it ...) – and I just have to be candid to say that I do not “comment” about most of them.   The reward is to write a nice song and to make it available to a long-standing community of people who love music, and who like to find it in out-of-the-way places.   I regularly find great music here that I could not find anywhere else.

Calchas
Forum Full Member

Thursday, April 11 2019 @ 10:48 AM CDT

RUN SALLY RUN:

As of this writing four people have faved it but there have been 15 downloads.

Flattering...yes... but a tad bizzare as well.

Color me puzzled...

“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” (St. Augustine)