Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
DWL
Forum Full Member

Only 5 years ago
Friday, June 21 2019 @ 11:01 AM CDT

but it seems like a lifetime now.

I won't go into why I was looking for this but it left me a little sad that Ed is no longer with us and some of the others featured are no longer contributors.

Times change and we move on.

I'd forgotten how good it was and how much time Rik must have spent putting it together for just a few hundred views.

Nice one Rik if you ever see this Smile

Hanging in with the out crowd (All rights reserved)
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Re:Only 5 years ago
Friday, June 21 2019 @ 06:34 PM CDT

mr_mordenus
Forum Full Member

Sunday, June 23 2019 @ 06:09 AM CDT

Thanks for the reminder, Dick.

So many inside jokes... I watched the MJ series a little while ago with fresh eyes. It really made me grin - what a crazy idea to pull off. It was originally supposed to be six or seven minutes long in its entirety, with the crew from the Loop It Or Lose It videos (for the most part). But when more and more MJers came on board, it took on a wonderful, colourful, kaleidoscopic energy with so much music, so many contributors...

Ed was really the heart of the whole thing. He was such a great guy and holy smokes could he play. It saddens me to this day that he never got to see the final two episodes. I would have loved to have met him.

As far as views... well, it was a labour of love with - and for - a small group of wildly creative friends. It would have been cool if it had generated a million views, but then there's incredible music on MJ that nobody knows about either. So it's all good.

And my interest in animation didn't end here either. After MJ City I started tooling around with an idea about cowboys in space. It's called Western Space Odyssey, and it should be debuting hopefully around October. It's a full movie, about an hour forty-five minutes or so, and MJs own uber-talent Doug Somers is scoring the whole thing. Chikoppi and Doofy are voicing characters as well. (There are, as you might figure, a slew of inside jokes, although mostly for sic-fi fans. But a few MJ references sneak in if you know what to look for, and then there's the 'Slo-parts Interstellar Country & Blues Saloon'... Ed will never be forgotten.)

But it was MacJams, and the incredible musicians here who welcomed, collaborated, and inspired, where all of this got started. And MJ City will stay on YouTube permanently as a gift and a reminder to all who are, and once were, part of this crazy, wonderful little creative family.
DWL
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, June 26 2019 @ 07:59 AM CDT

Thanks Rik.

It's a pity it never got those thousands of views but I guess a lot of people wouldn't have got a lot of the references!

I've just subscribed to the new project. I look forward to it Smile

Hanging in with the out crowd (All rights reserved)
DeputyDoofy
Forum Full Member

Monday, July 01 2019 @ 10:40 AM CDT

Love MJC. Might be slightly biased, of course. I even provided a voice for a newer project of his, but it's still being developed (maybe). I'm sure it takes backseat to real life. Kind of the nature of the beast. I still watch MJC and I'm fairly certain I have a fully downloaded copy of all parts somewhere.

My son isn't quite as impressed as he used to be that I did the bad guy's voice, but he is still amused that it's his voice on the "Where are you, Dad?" song. lol

MJC is a great example of how much we're all willing to collaborate.
Ed is missed.

DeputyDoofy
Forum Full Member

Monday, July 01 2019 @ 10:44 AM CDT

Quote by: mr_mordenus
Thanks for the reminder, Dick.

So many inside jokes... I watched the MJ series a little while ago with fresh eyes. It really made me grin - what a crazy idea to pull off. It was originally supposed to be six or seven minutes long in its entirety, with the crew from the Loop It Or Lose It videos (for the most part). But when more and more MJers came on board, it took on a wonderful, colourful, kaleidoscopic energy with so much music, so many contributors...

Ed was really the heart of the whole thing. He was such a great guy and holy smokes could he play. It saddens me to this day that he never got to see the final two episodes. I would have loved to have met him.

As far as views... well, it was a labour of love with - and for - a small group of wildly creative friends. It would have been cool if it had generated a million views, but then there's incredible music on MJ that nobody knows about either. So it's all good.

And my interest in animation didn't end here either. After MJ City I started tooling around with an idea about cowboys in space. It's called Western Space Odyssey, and it should be debuting hopefully around October. It's a full movie, about an hour forty-five minutes or so, and MJs own uber-talent Doug Somers is scoring the whole thing. Chikoppi and Doofy are voicing characters as well. (There are, as you might figure, a slew of inside jokes, although mostly for sic-fi fans. But a few MJ references sneak in if you know what to look for, and then there's the 'Slo-parts Interstellar Country & Blues Saloon'... Ed will never be forgotten.)

But it was MacJams, and the incredible musicians here who welcomed, collaborated, and inspired, where all of this got started. And MJ City will stay on YouTube permanently as a gift and a reminder to all who are, and once were, part of this crazy, wonderful little creative family.

Haha. I breezed right by this reply. Glad to hear that Western Space Odyssey is still coming to a theater near us! lol

Let me know if you still need anything!

DeputyDoofy
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, July 03 2019 @ 09:43 AM CDT

Just skimmed through this video again (while at work). I love it still. It cements both a time and a group for all internet eternity.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this and the upcoming one.

Thank you, Simon and Miguel for making this place a reality, even if it only barely stands these days.

MacJams will always be one of my internet homes, regardless of status.

Warren Smith
Forum Full Member

Thursday, July 04 2019 @ 03:43 PM CDT

I'm still hoping to be included by Episode 6 or 7.