Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Why MacJams =isn't= dying anytime soon
Monday, January 28 2019 @ 06:46 PM CST

Please browse my “favorites” list – which appears to date back from 2011 and which was mostly served to me by the “random song-picker” which (apparently) no longer exist.   If you do so, you will, I think, immediately see why (IMHO) “MacJams isn’t going anywhere, anytime soon.”

(I confess that I was not quite diligent, back in the day.   I wrote down more than a hundred other song-URLs on scraps of paper but never actually got around to kissing them on-line.   Me bad.)

Nonetheless – although my home now contains hundreds of LPs, hundreds of CDs, and various on-line libraries that are I-don’t-know how big now – (for more than thirty years now, I have never owned a Television, and still do not miss it ...)MacJams still stands out as a source of musical variety and imagination that I have never yet encountered ... anywhere else.

And, for me ... “it is, still, all about the Music.”

In my opinion, “artists who freely shared their music, with no pre-conceived expectation of either fame or remuneration,” achieved far more than any present-day musical sites ever since achieved ... long before any of them ever existed, and for motivations that they (or their chosen audiences) ... know nothing of.

“The pure appreciation of Music?!   C’mon, who has any time for that?!   We’ve surely reduced “These Kids Today!™” down to a twitter™-booked™ 21st Century science . . . haven’t we?

And I do not apologize that I will never get over this track from a still-active MacJams artist.   No, I don’t think that I ever will ...

(Curious, though – how my very-latest Macintosh is able to render it with far more musical resolution than I had ever before heard, as I listen to these tracks once again.)

Therefore ... Thank you, (Steve, RaceRat, and ...) ... MacJams.com!
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Re:Why MacJams =isn't= dying anytime soon
Tuesday, January 29 2019 @ 12:46 AM CST

I hope you're right Mike.

I welcome your perspective on this multifaceted question.

May she continue sailing for years to come...

PS... echoroom was...IS...among the finest artists here. You picked a winner...

“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” (St. Augustine)
DWL
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, January 29 2019 @ 04:28 AM CST

Agreed Mike, MJ is still a wonderful source of so many different types of music.

I'm pleased you reminded me of Steve's song as it made me think about one of my favourite tracks here https://www.macjams.com/song/32527 Mr Craig rocks!

Hanging in with the out crowd (All rights reserved)
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, January 30 2019 @ 08:42 PM CST

hey Mike.

perhaps you don't believe this:

Quote by: MotherofMeursault
The big barrier to artists, hobbyists and beginners who find this site is that they can no longer join it once they've found it.

MJ has a firewall in place to protect vital members from the realities of the outside world: spamming, sales pitches, bad reviews, 1-bombs, sporgers, trolls and other malcontents ...

Love,

MoM

perhaps you don't believe this, but it is true. we are living in a fishbowl. once we all die off, this will be a very quiet place.

except for you.

splashing about in your little fishbowl.

i feel sorry for you.
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, January 30 2019 @ 08:43 PM CST

OR

you could just shut up and let us fish enjoy what little time we have left

as opposed to being such a pain in the ass

your choice
mr_mordenus
Forum Full Member

Thursday, January 31 2019 @ 06:32 AM CST

Quote by: SmokeyVW

except for you.

splashing about in your little fishbowl.

i feel sorry for you.

That's almost Haiku.

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Thursday, January 31 2019 @ 08:56 AM CST

Peace be unto thee, Smokey.   Or, just add that to the “Brace for Impact” thread, however many hundred posts might be there, none of which I’ve ever read or contributed.