Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
particledots
Forum Full Member

Re:Brace for Impact
Saturday, December 30 2017 @ 06:10 PM CST

Quote by: Daugrin

Nothing unusual happened. Maybe you could relax a little? In deference to your stern, heart felt warning, please keep all informed if ya feel something hit.

Daug

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/12/29/16829806/trump-interview-new-york-times
MotherofMeursault
Forum Full Member

Saturday, December 30 2017 @ 10:49 PM CST

I understand that this thread is an accretive artwork masquerading as an ideological statement, but I enjoy making my small contributions where I can.

This article from the unimpeachable Washington Post lifts my spirits considerably. If Donald Trump can accomplish a real diminution of what's euphemistically referred to as the federal "workforce", I will consider that service alone as full redemption of all his personal vulgarity.

Love,

MoM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-the-trump-era-is-changing-the-federal-bureaucracy/2017/12/30/8d5149c6-daa7-11e7-b859-fb0995360725_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumpgovernment-130p%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.69c9dee9b35f

particledots
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, January 03 2018 @ 07:51 AM CST

Nothing unusual happened. Maybe you could relax a little? In deference to your stern, heart felt warning, please keep all informed if ya feel something hit.

Daug

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/03/donald-trump-russia-steve-bannon-michael-wolff
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Thursday, January 04 2018 @ 04:32 PM CST

Quote by: davajonah

I find it difficult to believe how someone who supposes himself to have intelligence can display such a lack of understanding about the situation in the Levant. Perhaps you are playing Devil's advocate, for some reason. Or maybe just plain old trolling? I think you need to brush up on world affairs. Quite a lot, it would seem, judging from your uninformed comments.

I don’t mean it as a “troll.”   There are many places on Earth where people have been displaced by war, by ancient rivalries and so-on.   The Middle East has no unique claim to man’s inhumanity towards his fellow man.   But it does manage to keep itself firmly entrenched in – especially, the United States’ view of the world.

The entire situation there originates from the defeat of the Ottoman Empire after it aligned with Germany toward the end of World War 1.   The specific situation in Israel/Palestine came after Britain was determined to rid itself of a vexing problem ... as the Romans, the Persians, and the Babylonians had all done in their own times.   But none of the lines that have been drawn in these sands by European powers flush with victory were the product of the people who have actually lived there since ancient times.   Any western “peace in the Middle East” plan is doomed to fail because it does not come from them ... and because it is always centered around maintaining control of other, far more important resources, such as oil.   (“Saudi Arabia” was also a product of the post-Ottoman world order created by victorious Allies, and its lines were drawn specifically to concentrate the greatest known concentration of oil to where Britain could get at it.)

But you never read about such thorny issues in the newspapers today.   Only historians know about them.
particledots
Forum Full Member

Friday, January 05 2018 @ 07:48 AM CST

Daug

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-reached-last-stage-before-collapse-2017-12
particledots
Forum Full Member

Friday, January 05 2018 @ 07:56 AM CST

Daug

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/05/fire-and-fury-inside-the-trump-white-house-michael-wolff-review
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Friday, January 05 2018 @ 09:49 AM CST

Quote by: MikeRobinson
Quote by: davajonah

I find it difficult to believe how someone who supposes himself to have intelligence can display such a lack of understanding about the situation in the Levant. Perhaps you are playing Devil's advocate, for some reason. Or maybe just plain old trolling? I think you need to brush up on world affairs. Quite a lot, it would seem, judging from your uninformed comments.

I don’t mean it as a “troll.”   There are many places on Earth where people have been displaced by war, by ancient rivalries and so-on.   The Middle East has no unique claim to man’s inhumanity towards his fellow man.   But it does manage to keep itself firmly entrenched in – especially, the United States’ view of the world.

The entire situation there originates from the defeat of the Ottoman Empire after it aligned with Germany toward the end of World War 1.   The specific situation in Israel/Palestine came after Britain was determined to rid itself of a vexing problem ... as the Romans, the Persians, and the Babylonians had all done in their own times.   But none of the lines that have been drawn in these sands by European powers flush with victory were the product of the people who have actually lived there since ancient times.   Any western “peace in the Middle East” plan is doomed to fail because it does not come from them ... and because it is always centered around maintaining control of other, far more important resources, such as oil.   (“Saudi Arabia” was also a product of the post-Ottoman world order created by victorious Allies, and its lines were drawn specifically to concentrate the greatest known concentration of oil to where Britain could get at it.)

But you never read about such thorny issues in the newspapers today.   Only historians know about them.

you mean only actual historians, and you, can have any meaningful grasp on history?

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
particledots
Forum Full Member

Friday, January 05 2018 @ 05:27 PM CST

Daug

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2018/01/05/silicon-valleys-biggest-lobbying-group-says-its-going-to-sue-the-fcc-over-net-neutrality/
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Friday, January 05 2018 @ 08:59 PM CST

Quote by: magnatone
you mean only actual historians, and you, can have any meaningful grasp on history?

C'mon ... “ad hominem attacks?”   Seriously?   Here?   I welcome your thoughtful response, “to my post, but not to my person.”

Okay, we perfectly-well understand that Jerusalem™ is “t-h-e Holy City™” of three mainstream global religions, and that at-least two of those religions famously “refuse to share,” but ... “what, exactly, hath Henry Kissinger wrought?”   “And still, after all these many years?!”

For example:   it seems to me that the Koreans (and setting aside, at least for the moment, the pesky problem of ICBMs ...), have an equally-significant problem, and a very-significantly larger piece of real-estate that is now affected by that problem.   Fifty-plus years ago, several super-powers simply hit the Pause button on an entire War, and walked away, leaving these people’s peninsula split in two.   And yet, no one on Earth seriously paid attention to their plight until this year, and only then because one of the two warring parties has now been compelled to reveal itself as actually consisting of “psychopaths with nuclear missiles.”

And, in all the world-wide world, these guys are still only one example.   So, why, exactly, does one fairly-small country on the eastern shores of the Mediterranean Sea continue to manage to hold (US ...) world affairs by the nose?   Half-a-century has passed since The Henry™ negotiated some of those original agreements!

chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Saturday, January 06 2018 @ 01:15 AM CST

Quote by: MikeRobinson
Quote by: magnatone

C'mon ... “ad hominem attacks?”   Seriously?   Here?   I welcome your thoughtful response, “to my post, but not to my person.”

That's not an ad hominem. She is questioning your stated premise about awareness of Middle East history.

The precarious position of Israel and the Israeli/Palestine situation is a flashpoint within a long-standing power struggle in the Middle East, primarily waged at low-level through proxy conflicts between Iran and the Sauds. The agreed-upon UN position is to leave the official status of Jerusalem undecided while terms for peace and Palestinian status are being negotiated. Preempting that position essentially disqualifies the US from directly participating as a good-faith broker in those negotiations (even if he sends Jared over in flak jacket). Ham-fisted diplomacy will weaken US influence over the balance of power and outcome of events in the region, ceding it to rivals who will pursue outcomes and alliances detrimental to ourselves and our European allies.

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles