Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
mr_mordenus
Forum Full Member

GarageBand Question
Wednesday, December 26 2018 @ 03:01 PM CST

Vexing problem, and it's probably a stupid-simple thing, but I'm having a stupid-simple moment.

I'm mixing some sound effects (Western spaceship about to jump to warp, if you're curious) and I need the sound to begin at the exact beginning of the track. But each time I import an effect from my SFX clip library and move it to the beginning, GaragBand moves it to the 2-second mark. No matter what I do to try and fix, this, GaragaBand insists on moving whatever I import to the 2-second mark.

Exactly what's going on here? I've never encountered this weird little thing before, and haven't the faintest idea how to disable it.
mr_mordenus
Forum Full Member

Re:GarageBand Question
Wednesday, December 26 2018 @ 08:45 PM CST

Never mind; I found a workaround by adding two seconds of dummy video to the clip, which pushed the actual video back in line with the audio. I'll just chop the leading two seconds of finished segment off and call it done.

Thanks.
hackneybloke
Forum Full Member

Saturday, December 29 2018 @ 12:44 PM CST

Quote by: mr_mordenus
Never mind; I found a workaround by adding two seconds of dummy video to the clip, which pushed the actual video back in line with the audio. I'll just chop the leading two seconds of finished segment off and call it done.

Thanks.

import the clip (at wherever garageband allows), then solo the clip and then 'share', (aif file) 'export song to disk' then save on your desktop. then drag the new file into your project and it should allow you to put it where you want and trim it accordingly.

i have an old MacBook pro (2009) specifically in order to keep the old i-life release of garageband which is far more reliable and stable.
Julian
hackneybloke
Forum Full Member

Saturday, December 29 2018 @ 12:44 PM CST

Thanks.

import the clip (at wherever garageband allows), then solo the clip and then 'share', (aif file) 'export song to disk' then save on your desktop. then drag the new file into your project and it should allow you to put it where you want and trim it accordingly.

i have an old MacBook pro (2009) specifically in order to keep the old i-life release of garageband which is far more reliable and stable.
Julian
hackneybloke
Forum Full Member

Saturday, December 29 2018 @ 12:45 PM CST

Thanks.

Julian
mr_mordenus
Forum Full Member

Saturday, December 29 2018 @ 06:37 PM CST

Thank you! The renowned hackneybloke answering a question from a yob such as myself? I feel like I should put on a nice shirt, comb my hair and at least pretend that I haven't slept in two days and look like it. One of MJ's best is here, damnit, don't look starstruck and bug him for an autograph! (whispers: 'but it's HACKNEYBLOKE!') Clears throat. Tries to look cool.

"Thanks, man. Will try it out tomorrow morning after I get some sleep."

Runs downstairs, shouts to wife: "HACKNEYBLOKE answered my Garageband question!"

Wife doesn't look up from murder mystery novel. "Uh huh. Who's Hackneybloke?"

hackneybloke
Forum Full Member

Monday, December 31 2018 @ 12:13 PM CST

Runs downstairs, shouts to wife: "HACKNEYBLOKE answered my Garageband question!"

Wife doesn't look up from murder mystery novel. "Uh huh. Who's Hackneybloke?"

dude you should listen more to your wife. i am as much a nobody as anyone else here.